07/01/2011

And Some Good News...

Young Celtic starlet Sean Fitzharris has today signed a new loan deal which will keep him at Cappielow until the end of the season.

A statement posted on the club's official website today read: "We are delighted to confirm that, following agreement with Celtic F.C., Sean Fitzharris will be at Cappielow for the remainder of this season.

"The details of the new loan have been finalised today."

The 19-year-old right-midfielder impressed in his original emergency loan, despite the fact that he only made four starts and two substitute appearances because of a dislocated shoulder (pictured, above).

Fitzharris was always keen to return to Ton when his original loan expired. “I’d like to come back as I’ve really enjoyed it here and just want to be playing first team football," he told me in an interview for the Greenock Telegraph last month (which I've posted an image of, bottom, as the article didn't appear online). “I’m not sure if it’s Neil Lennon I’ll have to speak to or one of the scouts at Celtic, but I’m needing to get away from Parkhead to play a bit of football. So I’ll be trying to get it sorted with them.”

In another interview with Sean, this time for the official matchday programme - you can read the full interview in the Partick Thistle programme when the game from 2 January is rearranged - he told me that Celtic had agreed that it would be beneficial to rejoin Morton. “I’ve spoken to Celtic scout John Park, who deals with the younger players’ loan deals,” he revealed, “and we agreed that it would be good for me to come back to Morton for the rest of the season.

“It was actually John who suggested that I come here on loan in the first place. A few weeks later, I played in a bounce a game against Morton and scored a couple of goals. I’m not sure if that’s why Allan Moore signed me - but I joined not long after."

There is, however, some bad news. According to the Tele's Russell Steele in his team news for the Airdrie cup tie, Fitzharris picked up a knock in a recent bounce game played against Rangers at Murray Park (pictured, directly below) and will miss tomorrow's match, should it go ahead.



The majority of the Ton squad got at least 45 minutes as they lost 1-0 to a team featuring Rangers first-team fringe players Kyle Lafferty, James Beattie, John Fleck, Jamie Ness and Andy Webster. Young substitute Kal Naismith scored the winning goal.



gmfc.net - Player News (07.01.2011)

Greenock Telegraph - Loan Extension Fitz For Me (30.12.2010)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mortonjag said...
I will be surprised if he is not with us till the end of the season.

Until he's fit I imagine many will be ruefully shaking their heads and saying 'Bring back Superkev'.

You don't know what you've got till it's gone!!!

5 November 2010 09:20